Iowa School for the Deaf is a referral-based school. Students’ Individual Education Family Service Plans (IFSP) or Individual Education Programs (IEP) need to state the need for placement for a student to attend Iowa School for the Deaf.
For Parents, Families and Students:
- Contact your local school district and tell them of your interest.
- Contact ISD: Preschool – 8th grade 712.366.3227 | 9th – 12th grade and 4PLUS 712.366.3237.
- Tour ISD campus with your school district staff, AEA/ESU staff.
- Work with your school district to schedule an IEP meeting. Discussion regarding placement occurs here.
The following individuals should attend the meeting: Student, parents/guardians, AEA/ESU staff, local school staff, Iowa School for the Deaf staff, others as needed.
- Complete registration packet for Iowa School for the Deaf.