There are some changes about how we support our Bobcats and Lady Cats this year, to keep everyone safe. We encourage you to still be our #1 fans, and to please follow these guidelines.
Check the calendar for upcoming sporting events here!
- There is a home side and visitor side in the LMC.
- ISD fans should side on the south side “home” and guests should sit on the north side (visitors).
- Iowa School for the Deaf requirements:
- Admission is free this year!
- Face masks are required to be worn by fans.
- Physical distancing will be observed.
- For tracking purposes, names of all people attending will be recorded.
- Food is not allowed. Individual, reusable drink containers are allowed.
- No disposable cans, cups, bottles are allowed.
- No concessions will be sold.
Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (IGHSAU) rules:
1. Anyone feeling sick (players, coaches, officials, spectators, etc.) or who have been exposed to someone who is sick, should not attend or participate in competitions or practices.
2. IGHSAU strongly encourages all participants and spectators to practice social distancing and wear race coverings whenever possible.
3. Eliminate spectator seating in the first two rows if possible.
4. Teams are not to switch benches between sets. In the even there is a clear and distinct disadvantage, teams may switch sides, observe all social distancing protocols. Officials will determine if a disadvantage is present.
5. Score bench personnel should be limited to essential personnel, which includes home team scorer, libero tracker and timer with a recommended distance of 3 to 6 feet between individuals. Visiting team personnel (scorer, statisticians, etc.) are not deemed essential personnel and should find an alternative location. Score bench personnel are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings.
Don’t forget to support our new cross country team! Meets are scheduled for:
Sept. 17: @ Corning, 5 p.m.
Sept. 22: @ Neola, 4.30 p.m.
Sept. 28: Orient, 4.30 p.m.
Oct. 1: @ Shenandoah, 4 p.m.
Oct. 15: @ Mt. Ayr, TBD
Oct. 22: @ Mt. Ayr, TBD, State qualifier