Winter/Spring 2023 Workshops – Free! Registration required.
For families & educators of school-age children who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
Iowa School for the Deaf’s outreach department presents an educational workshop series of strategies, resources and techniques for families and educators who want the best outcomes for the deaf or hard-of-hearing children and students. We welcome non-ISD families and educators!
Where? Zoom and in-person options. In-person location: Iowa School for the Deaf Campus in Council Bluffs, Lied Multipurpose Complex Community Room.
When? All workshops are from 6-7:30 p.m. Interpreters provided. Complimentary snacks.
Series #1: Parent Involvement and Resources
- How Can I Help My Deaf Child(ren) Thrive?
- Monday, Jan. 30, 2023
- Five Types of Family Involvement
- Monday, Feb. 6, 2023
- Resources at Your Fingertips
- Monday, Feb. 13, 2023
Register by Jan. 23 HERE. Or contact email@example.com.
Series #2: Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- What is an IEP? Why is my child on an IEP? What is the IEP process like? What is the difference between IEPs and 504 Plans?
- Monday, April 3, 2023
- What are the roles of parents/guardians in the IEP meeting? How can parents/guardians become better advocates for their children’s education?
- Monday, April 17, 2023
- What kind of goals should parents/guardians consider including in the IEP? How to collaborate with other professionals in the IEP meeting to produce a meaningful, productive, and measurable education plan for your children?
- Monday, April 24, 2023
Register by March 27 HERE. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Fall, 2023 Workshops:
- Series#3: Language Acquisition & Development
- Series #4: Reading with Your Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Child