A new interactive American Sign Language event is starting this fall in Iowa. Join us for Explore ASL, a day of American Sign Language discovery offering educational and fun events for families and educators! Explore ASL is made possible by the Iowa Department of Education and Iowa School for the Deaf Outreach Services.
Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021 | 8.30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Ramada by Wyndham Tropics Resort & Conference Center, 5000 Merle Hay Road, Des Moines. Special room rate: $80/night
ATTEND EXPLORE ASL
- Click HERE to register
- Special guests Justin Perez (visual vernacular specialist) and Nadmionor Casiono-Berrios (deaf aerospace engineer)
- Presentations, Workshops, Kids Camp
- Expo to learn about resources and services available
- CEUs from Iowa State RID
- One child free admission with one paid admission
- COVID-19: Explore ASL was designed with social distancing and crowd management strategies in mind. The public health guidelines will be closely monitored at all times.
- Explore ASL Flyer
BE AN EXHIBITOR AT EXPLORE ASL
- Click HERE to register by Oct. 21
- Reservations for booths are first come, first served
- Cost includes expo booth, admission to Explore ASL, lunch, and snacks
- Your agency’s logo will be included in the program book (for those who register by Oct. 21)
- Set up time is 7:30 a.m. Doors open at 8 a.m. for Explore ASL
- Bring information about your organization (tabletop display, brochures, handouts, candy, giveaways)
- Exhibitors can NOT sell items
- Six-foot tables will be available.
- ASL interpreters are available.
- Optional resource table for those who can’t attend
- Upon event entrance, Explore ASL staff will give attendees a form to complete as they visit each exhibitor table. As an incentive to visit each table, attendees who have forms signed by each participating exhibitor will have their names entered into a prize drawing.
- Exhibitors should contact Brent Welsch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712.560.3972 with questions.
- Explore ASL Exhibitor Flyer