Post Senior Learning for Ultimate Success (4PLUS) offers extra support as ISD’s students pursue jobs in the community (independent employment) or take classes at local two-year colleges. Students need not have enrolled at ISD during their high school years to be eligible. Students are responsible for cost of college textbooks. Room, board, transportation and all other program costs are provided at no charge to students. School districts initially pay for tuition; then are reimbursed.
- For deaf and hard-of-hearing students
- High school graduation requirements completed | diploma unsigned
- Have not yet turned age 21
- On track for college or competitive employment
- Click here for brochure: 4plus-w-dvd-space
New in fall, 2016! 4PLUS for Iowa’s students who are blind or visually impaired is now on the campus at Iowa School for the Deaf.
- Click here for brochure: 4plus-iesbvi-brochure.
- Click here for FAQ: 4plus-faq-march-4
- Contact information for students who are blind or visually impaired is at bottom of this page.
Students are provided instruction, support and practice in the following areas:
- Self-advocacy skills for college transition
- Hard and soft skills development for competitive employment
- Job coaching
- Interpreter use
- Advanced independent living skills
- Transportation during the school day
- Option to live on | off campus
Iowa School forthe Deaf High School Principal PH: 712.366.3237
Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired Western Iowa Regional Director PH: 319.310.3408
ISD Transition Coordinator PH: 712.366.3216